A House Divided – Stuffed Peppers
- 2 cups cooked Cajun Country Medium Grain Rice prepared with extra water for added stickiness
- 4 bell peppers, 2 red (for ULL) and 2 yellow (for LSU)
- 1 tbsp butter
- .25 cup chopped onions, half white (for ULL) and half purple (for LSU)
- 8 strips of bacon
- .5 llb medium Louisiana shrimp
- .5 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and quarter peppers, removing seeds and membranes.
- Sauté onion in butter until soft.
- Pan fry bacon, drain and crumble, reserving the bacon grease.
- Sauté shrimp in bacon grease until just cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain shrimp and chop into small bits.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine rice, onion, bacon, shrimp and cheese, adding more salt and pepper if needed.
- Form mixture to sit inside bell pepper quarter.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Geaux Tigers & Cajuns!