Basil Pesto Rice
This Basil Pesto Rice is a beautiful and delicious side dish sure to impress company.
- 2 cups Cajun Country Long Grain Rice
- .5 cups pine nuts divided
- 12 whole cherry tomatoes quartered and seasoned to taste with salt and pepper
- .5 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- .5 cup olive oil
- .5 tsp salt
- Cook 100% Louisiana rice according to package directions.
- To make the pesto, place the basil, garlic and 1/4 cup pine nuts in a food processor or blender and process until finely chopped.
- Add the olive oil and salt and blend until smooth.
- If it is too thick, thin with a little more oil.
- In a bowl, mix the pesto sauce with enough rice to suit your preference.
- Add tomatoes and remaining pine nuts and mix well.