Brown Rice Veggie Medley
It can be hard to make healthy eating choices, but this delicious side dish makes it easy!
- 2 cups Cajun Country Long Grain Brown Rice (or any other Cajun Country Rice variety)
- 3 slices center-cut bacon or turkey bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 tomato seeded and chopped in long, thin pieces
- 2 large yellow squash seeded and chopped in long, thin pieces
- 3 cups raw baby spinach
- .5 cup 2% shredded cheddar
- 4 wedges Laughing Cow light swiss cheese
- 2 T. light sour cream
- .5 tsp salt
- .25 tsp black pepper
- Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray, and bring to medium heat.
- Add squash, cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomato and spinach leaves, cover and continue cooking for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cheeses and sour cream.
- Mix well, and continue cooking until cheeses have melted.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked Cajun Country Brown Rice.
- Top with bacon crumbles.