This lovely and delicious dish is sure to impress your New Year's Day company!
- 1 cup uncooked Cajun Country Long Grain Rice
- 1 medium head cabbage, leaves separated and cleaned
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp your favorite Cajun/Creole seasoning
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (25% less sodium)
- 1 can water
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown meat with seasoning, onions and garlic; drain.
- Add soup, rice and water; mix well.
- Spread 1/3 beef mixture on bottom of 9 x 13 casserole dish, cover with 1/3 cabbage leaves.
- Repeat the layers two more times and top with Rotel tomatoes.
- Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour or until rice is tender.