Cajun Country Rice and Shrimp Creole
- 2 cups hot, cooked Cajun Country Rice (can use any variety, including Cajun Country Long Grain Brown Rice)
- 1.5 lb raw, peeled medium Louisiana shrimp
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- .5 cup chopped green bell pepper
- .5 cup chopped red bell pepper
- .5 cup chopped celery
- .25 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 16 oz. can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp Creole seasoning
- .25 tsp ground red pepper (optional)
- Cook onion and next 5 ingredients in oil in large skillet over medium-high heat for 3 minutes or until tender, stirring often.
- Stir in tomatoes and next four ingredients, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimp; cook 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Remove and discard bay leaves.
- Serve over Cajun Country Rice.