Cajun Country Rotel
This is such a wonderful and versatile recipe that can be used as a side dish or a great main course.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 can diced tomatoes and chiles, original
- 1 lb Velveeta, cubed
For Side Dish
- 6 cups cooked Cajun Country Rice
For Main Course
- 4 cups Cajun Country Rice
- 2 lb your choice of the following: chicken (cooked and chopped), crawfish tails, or shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute the onion and bell pepper in the butter until soft.
- If using as a main course, add your choice of chicken or seafood to the pan until the shrimp are pink or until the Louisina Crawfish or chicken are warm.
- In a large casserole dish, warm the Velveeta with the can of tomatoes and chiles in the microwave until the cheese is melted. Combine all of the ingredients with the cheese in the casserole dish and place in the oven until thoroughly warm.