This hearty, cheesy dish will have your family begging for broccoli. Paired with cheese and Cajun Country Rice, who could resist?
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast or tenders, cut into 1" pieces
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- your favorite brand of seasoning, to taste
- 1 cup Cajun Country Rice, Medium Grain
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 2/3 cup chicken broth, divided as noted
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 14 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season chicken with your preferred brand of seasoning.
- In a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook, stirring until soft, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Add chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook while stirring occasionally for about 6 minutes more, or until chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Stir in rice, heavy cream and 1 cup of the broth. Bring to a simmer and cook until rice is tender, about 20-30 minutes. Add remaining 1 2/3 cups broth, broccoli and 10 oz of cheddar cheese, and cook until broccoli is tender and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle chicken mixture with remaining cheese and bread crumbs, and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and crispy.