This rich, cheesy dish is the perfect winter comfort food. Serve as a side dish or main entrée and watch your family fall in love!
- 1 cup Cajun Country Rice, Medium Grain
- 1 2/3 cup whole milk
- 8 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cups grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- your favorite brand of seasoning, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast or tenders
- 2 cups fresh spinach, tightly packed
- 14 oz quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare rice according to instructions.
- Season chicken with season all and pan fry in olive oil till cooked. Shred chicken once cooked.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine whole milk and parmesan.
- When cheese is melted, add cream cheese, garlic and red pepper flakes, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until cream cheese is melted and mixture is slightly thickened, about 4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together cooked rice, chicken, spinach, artichoke hearts, 1 cup (8 oz)mozzarella and cream cheese mixture, and transfer to a 9"x13" baking dish, sprayed with non-stick spray. Top with remaining cheese and bake until cheese is melted and golden, 20-30minutes.