This Chicken Fricassee is a great dish for the whole family! It is easy to prepare with store bought powdered roux, but your own homemade roux will be fabulous, too!
- 6 cups cooked Cajun Country Rice, Any Variety
- 1.5-2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken, cut into serving portions
- 4 cups water
- .5 cup powdered roux
- 1 cup chopped onion
- .5 cups chopped celery
- .5 cups chopped bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red pepper (paprika)
- Combine water and powdered roux in large saucepan on medium-high heat.
- Add onion, celery, bell pepper, garlic and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook 10 minutes.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to pan.
- Cook at least 20 minutes.
- Serve over a steaming plate of cooked Cajun Country® Rice.