One of the best things about this Cilantro Lime Rice Bowl is its versatility. Add your favorite ingredients to make it your own. You can even make it a healthy protein power bowl. Bowl appetit!
For the rice
- 1.5 cups Cajun Country Rice
- .5 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
For the cilantro-lime aioli
- .25 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves, plus more leaves for serving
- 1 tbsp minced jalapeno
- 1.5 tsp fresh lime juice
- .125 tsp garlic powder
- black pepper
For the bowl
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups grilled chicken breast strips (or substitute shrimp)
- 2 cups frozen or fresh corn kernels
- 1.5 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Cook the rice. Fluff the rice with a fork and stir in the cilantro, lime juice, and olive oil.
- While rice is cooking, make Aioli: In a medium bowl, whisk mayonnaise with cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, garlic powder, and 2 teaspoons of water. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken breast strips (or shrimp) and cook, tossing occasionally, until fully cooked, about 6 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Return the skillet to medium heat and add the corn. Cook corn, tossing occasionally, until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Scrape onto a plate.
- Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet. Add taco seasoning. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until spices are toasted and fragranced, about 30 seconds. Add the black beans and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beans are warm, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Fill 4 shallow bowls with rice. Top with corn, black beans, tomatoes, avocado, and chicken breast strips (or shrimp). Drizzle each bowl with aioli and garnish with cilantro.