This is one simple, healthy and absolutely beautiful dish to prepare for guests. In fact, we consider it heavenly.
- 1.5 cups Cajun Country Rice, Brown Long Grain
- 3.5 cups chicken broth
- 3 large chicken breasts pounded thin
- Bunch of asparagus stalks cleaned and woody ends trimmed
- 6 oz. pepper jack cheese
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- Creole seasoning, salt and pepper to taste
- Cook Cajun Country Brown Rice in the chicken broth and ¾ teaspoon salt, following package directions.
- Mix Pepper Jack cheese in with 2 cups of the cooked brown rice.
- Pound the chicken breasts thin and cut each in half.
- Season the chicken to taste with creole seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Add 3-5 asparagus stalks to the center of each breast.
- Add about ⅓ cup of the rice and cheese mixture on top of the asparagus.
- Wrap the chicken all the way around the asparagus and rice, in roll fashion.
- You may use toothpicks to hold it closed, if necessary.
- Brush melted butter over the top of the breasts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or place on a grill until the chicken is no longer pink.