Aromatic Cajun Country Jasmine Rice pairs perfectly with this warm and satisfying veggie-loaded curry dish!
- 1 tbsp. coconut or vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 lbs. Yukon gold or baby red potatoes diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 bell peppers any color, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper more or less for desired spice
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 14 oz. can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Cajun Country Jasmine Rice
- Cilantro & fresh lime for garnish
- Heat a large, heavy bottom pot to medium-high, then add oil. Once oil is heated, add onion and potatoes, sautéing until onions are translucent and potatoes start to become tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, bell peppers, curry powder, paprika, garlic powder, turmeric, salt, black & red pepper, and vegetable stock.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer until veggies are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk and peas and lightly simmer for another 5 minutes before removing from heat.
- Serve over Cajun Country Jasmine Rice and finish with chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime.