- 2 cups cooked Cajun Country Medium Grain Rice, prepared with extra water for added stickiness
- 4 yellow bell peppers
- 1 tbsp butter
- .25 cup purple onion, chopped
- 8 strips of bacon
- .5 lb medium Louisiana shrimp
- .5 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and quarter peppers, removing seeds and membranes.
- Sauté onion in butter until soft.
- Pan fry bacon, drain and crumble, reserving the bacon grease.
- Sauté shrimp in bacon grease until just cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain shrimp, and chop into small bits.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine rice, onion, bacon, shrimp and cheese, adding more salt and pepper if needed.
- Form mixture to sit inside bell pepper quarter
- Bake for 15 minutes. Geaux Tigers!