Leftover rice makes a hearty base for this filling and flavorful breakfast!
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups leftover Cajun Country Rice
- 1 lb. breakfast sausage
- 6 large eggs
- 2 stalks green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1 avocado, sliced
- hot sauce, optional
- Cook sausage in a pan over medium heat, crumbling with a spatula as it cooks. Once browned, set aside.
- Whisk eggs with green onions and scramble over medium/low heat. Add a pinch of salt towards the end of cooking. Remove from heat.
- In a microwave safe dish, top leftover rice with a damp paper towel and reheat in microwave to desired temperature.
- Warm tortillas for a few seconds in the microwave or on the stove. Fill each tortilla with about 1/2 cup of both rice and scrambled eggs, and 1/4 cup each of sausage, cheese and pico de gallo. Top with some avocado slices and your favorite hot sauce (optional).
- Fold in both sides of the burrito, then tightly roll closed. Wrap in foil for breakfast on the go!