Let the pressure cooker take the pressure off at dinnertime! This satisfying Instant Pot soup is the ultimate comfort food, filled with hearty chicken, Cajun Country brown rice and tender vegetables.
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 2-3 ribs celery sliced
- 2-3 medium carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups pulled rotisserie chicken
- 3/4 cup Cajun Country long-grain brown rice
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges for finishing
- Turn on the sauté function and let heat for about 2 minutes. Add oil and continue heating for another minute.
- Add onions, carrots and celery to the pot and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add garlic, dried herbs, bay leaf and a generous pinch of salt & pepper. Cook for another 2 minutes or until garlic and herbs are fragrant.
- Stir in brown rice and chicken, then pour in broth.
- Close instant pot and turn valve to “sealing”.
- Set the instant pot to pressure cook manually for 15 minutes on high pressure.
- Once cooking is complete, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes. With a dish towel or oven mitt, carefully flip the valve to “venting” to release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully open the Instant Pot away from your face. Stir in fresh parsley and finish with salt & pepper and a squeeze of lemon.