This crowd-pleasing side dish is always good to have on standby. Pair it with any classic Mexican entree – or add it to your favorite burrito. It’s sure to bring flavor to your plate!
- 2 tbsp olive oil – can use up to ¼ cup
- 1 clove garlic, minced (can use a tsp. from the minced in the jar)
- .5 cup chopped onions
- 2 cups (uncooked) medium grain Cajun Country Rice
- 2.5 cups chicken broth
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes w/ juice
- 1 tbsp. (heaping) of tomato paste
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- Saute onions in oil over medium heat. Half-way through, add in garlic and continue to saute until onions are translucent.
- Put in uncooked rice and let it start to brown, stirring often.
- Add in the chicken broth, tomato paste, Rotel, and tomato sauce
- Add the salt and cumin.
- Bring to boil – stirring constantly.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for 20 minutes until liquid has evaporated. Do not lift the lid until the 20 minutes have concluded.
- Stir and Serve.