It’s not your average side dish. Wow your guests with this creamy, flavorful recipe – it just might become their new favorite!
- 6 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 6 cups chicken broth, divided
- 8 oz portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups Cajun Country Rice, medium grain
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, warm the broth on a low heat.
- Warm 3 tbsp olive oil in a large surface saucepan over medium-high heat, and stir in the mushrooms. Cook until they are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms and liquid from the pan, and set aside.
- Add 3 tbsp olive oil to the pan, and stir in diced onion. Cook until onion starts to become translucent, then add in the rice, stirring to coat in the oil.
- When rice is pale and golden, pour in the wine and stir until fully absorbed.
- Add ½ – 1 cup heated broth and stir until absorbed.
- Repeat step 6 until all broth is used.
- Continue stirring until rice is al dente, about 15-20 minutes.
- Put mushrooms back into the pan with their liquid, butter, chives and parmesan.