Perfect Fried Rice
Use your leftover Cajun Country Rice to create this satisfying veggie-loaded fried rice!
- 3 tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 medium carrots peeled and finely diced
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large eggs whisked
- Pinch salt to taste
- 4 cups cooked Cajun Country Long Grain Rice chilled, leftover rice works best
- 3 stalks green onion sliced
- 3 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce or more as needed
- 2 tbsp. hoisin or oyster sauce
- Garnishes optional: chili garlic sauce or Sriracha, sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds, green onions
- Preheat a large wok or skillet on high. Heat oil, then sauté carrots and onion for about 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add peas and garlic and sauté until carrots and onion are cooked through and turning golden brown, about 3 more minutes.
- Move veggies to one side of the pan. Add eggs into opposite side of pan and scramble, breaking into smaller pieces. Add a pinch of salt to taste.
- Add rice, green onions, soy sauce, and hoisin or oyster sauce, stirring until combined. Sauté for about 5 minutes to fry the rice, stirring only occasionally so that rice can crisp up on the bottom.
- Remove from heat, adding any more soy sauce or seasonings, as needed. Serve immediately and finish with optional garnish.
- This dish is versatile! Use your favorite combo of veggies or meat to make it perfect for your taste.
- To keep your fried rice from getting mushy, use cold, leftover rice.
- This dish comes together quickly, so have all ingredients prepped and ready to go before starting.
- Fresh Thai basil makes a great addition to this dish. You can add torn leaves of Thai basil after adding the rice for a fresh, herby flavor.