Popcorn Rice Crawfish Cakes
Satisfy your crawfish craving with these savory crawfish cakes made with Cajun Country popcorn rice!
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (3 stalks) green onions sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. Louisiana Hot Sauce
- pinch salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 lb. Louisiana crawfish tails cooked and peeled
- 2 cups Cajun Country Popcorn Rice cooked
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs divided
- vegetable oil for frying
- arugula for serving
- remoulade sauce for serving
- lemon wedges for serving
- sliced green onions for serving
- Combine the first eight ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Fold in egg, crawfish tails, & rice. Add 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs to tighten up the mixture. If necessary, refrigerate until mixture holds its shape (30 mins. – 1 hr).
- Form into 8-10 patties, then gently coat all sides with remaining breadcrumbs.
- Preheat a cast iron (or heavy bottomed) pan over medium-high heat, then coat the bottom with oil. Once oil is heated, shallow fry patties in batches, until golden brown. Set aside on paper towel lined plate or keep warm in the oven on a cooling rack lined pan.
- Serve over a bed of arugula and top with a squeeze of lemon, remoulade sauce, sliced green onions & a sprinkle of cajun seasoning.