Red Beans and Rice is one of the best comfort foods! Our delicious version has been long standing in the Falcon family.
- 3 cups Cajun Country Rice, Any Variety
- 1 lb dry Louisiana red beans
- 3 cups chicken broth or stock
- 2-3 cups water, depending on how thick you prefer
- 1 lg white onion, chopped
- 1 lb slicked smoked sausage, slightly browned then drained
- 1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
- Soak beans overnight and rinse the next morning.
- Put them in a large pot; add chicken broth and water.
- Add onion and sausage.
- Bring to a boil; cover and simmer 2-4 hours to desired consistency.
- Add seasoning to taste.
- Serve over any variety of steaming Cajun Country® Rice.