This is a simple and beautiful recipe, not to mention delicious!
- 2.5 cups Cajun Country Rice, Long Grain
- 2 lbs medium Louisiana shrimp, raw, peeled and deveined
- .75 tsp salt
- .75 tsp basil
- .5 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp parsley flakes
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 8 oz Velveeta, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry spices, Worcestershire and melted butter.
- Place Louisiana shrimp in a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Pour butter mixture over shrimp and stir to coat the shrimp.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- When finished, gently stir Velveeta and rice into the dish.
- Place back into the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Stir and serve.