This aromatic Jasmine rice dish gets its vibrant color from antioxidant-rich turmeric.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cups Cajun Country Jasmine rice, rinsed
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 tsp salt, (more or less to taste)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Cilantro for garnish
- Add butter to a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Once melted, add onion and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add rice, salt, turmeric, and garlic powder and cook for 1 additional minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken broth. Turn heat up and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, add lid and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit with the lid on for 8-10 minutes, or until rice is fully cooked. Fluff with a fork and serve.
For rice with a more al dente texture, use 2½ – 2¾ cups broth instead of 3.