The mixture of sweet corn, savory seafood and Cajun spices gives this dish a one-of-a-kind flavor that your family will love!
Servings 6 people
- 3 cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- ½ cup butter
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp Tabasco
- salt, pepper and Cajun seasonings to taste
- 1 lb crawfish tails, peeled and deveined shrimp or lump crabmeat, or all if desired
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- 3 cups Cajun Country Rice, cooked
- Place onions, garlic and bell peppers in a medium saucepan with 1/2 cup butter and saute on medium heat, stirring slowly until vegetables are clear.
- Add Rotel and saute for another 10 minutes.
- Add in corn, sugar, Tabasco and seasoning to taste.
- Stir well and simmer on medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Add whipping cream, cover and let simmer on low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add seafood of choice, stir to mix well, then cover and let simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Serve over Cajun Country Rice as a main dish.