The best thing about this Shrimp Bowl is its versatility. Add your favorite ingredients to make it your own. Your family will love it!
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 tsp soy sauce, divided
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 lbs jumbo or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- 2 large oranges, use 2 varieties
- 1 large grapefruit
- 2 English cucumbers, diced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Cajun Country Rice, Popcorn Rice or Long Grain Brown Rice
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Cook rice according to package
- Whisk orange juice, sriracha, honey, soy sauce, ¼ cup oil and 1 tbsp of lime juice in a medium bowl. Set aside half of dressing in a small bowl for serving. Add shrimp to remaining sauce and toss to coat; season lightly with salt. Let sit, tossing occasionally, 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove peel and white pith from oranges and grapefruit, being careful not to remove too much of the flesh; discard. Slice oranges and grapefruit into ½"-thick rounds, then cut into 1" pieces. Transfer to a medium bowl and add diced cucumbers, scallions and remaining 1 tbsp lime juice; toss to combine. Season with salt.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Working in batches if needed, place marinaded shrimp in skillet, and add in remaining2 tsp of soy sauce. Cook until charred in spots and shrimp are pink throughout, about 3 minutes per side.
- Divide rice among bowls. Top with shrimp, citrus salad and avocado, and drizzle with reserved dressing.