A classic dish that never disappoints, this Shrimp & Sausage Jambalaya is a perfect weeknight dinner or game day crowd pleaser.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 2 ribs celery chopped
- 1/2 lb. 1 link smoked sausage, sliced
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- 3-4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 cups uncooked Cajun Country Rice long or medium grain
- 3.5 – 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 lb. about 24 medium raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
- Green onions parsley & hot sauce, for garnish
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, then add oil. Add onion, bell pepper, celery, sausage, salt & pepper. Sauté 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sausage is lightly browned.
- Add garlic, Worcestershire, cayenne. Stir in rice and bay leaves, then add stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Stir in shrimp and cook another 5 minutes.
- Finish with garnishes and add any more salt and pepper to taste.
Kitchen Bouquet browning & seasoning sauce is an optional ingredient that adds rich color and deep flavor to this dish. If you like a darker jambalaya, simply stir in 1-2 tsp. before adding the rice