Paella is a very traditional Spanish dish made with saffron and rice. Our shrimp and scallop version is a great way to bring more culture to your kitchen and diversify your everyday menu.
- 3 cup Cajun Country Medium Grain Rice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 14 oz crushed tomatoes (1 can)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp saffron threads
- 5.5 cup water
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 lb medium Louisiana shrimp peeled and drained
- 3/4 lb scallops
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large skillet or paella pan on medium-high.
- Sauté onion, bell peppers and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, saffron threads, salt, Cajun Country Rice and water.
- Stir regularly to keep rice from sticking.
- Lower heat to simmer and cover for 10 minutes.
- Add paprika, cayenne pepper and shrimp and cover for 5 minutes.
- Add scallops and cover for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.