A vegetarian delight! Meaty portobello mushrooms stuffed with artichokes, cheese and Louisiana brown rice.
Servings 4 people
- 1 1/2 cups Cajun Country Long Grain Brown Rice
- 4 Portobello mushrooms, stems discarded
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 4 oz. quartered artichoke hearts, not marinated
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place mushrooms on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- While they are baking, combine cooked brown rice, tomatoes, artichokes, parmesan cheese, balsamic vinegar, garlic and oregano in a small bowl.
- After the 10 minutes have passed, blot mushrooms with paper towels to absorb extra moisture.
- Spoon the mixture onto the baked mushrooms and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes more or until the cheese has melted.