Fire up the grill! This flavorful grilled corn and rice salad is just right for your summertime cookout!
- 4 ears corn, shucked
- 2 cups cooked Cajun Country Long Grain Rice
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice + 1 tbsp. zest
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, plus more for grilling
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Lightly coat shucked corn with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place corn directly on grill and cook over medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove from grill. Once slightly cooled, remove corn from cob and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Make a dressing by combining lemon juice, dijon mustard, olive oil, salt & pepper, to a small bowl or measuring cup, whisking until thoroughly combined.
- Add cooked rice, tomatoes, red onion, basil, and dressing to the bowl of corn. Toss until fully combined. Let the salad sit for about 15 minutes before serving.