Grab your chopsticks and make this Asian favorite right at home. It’s easier than you think – we promise!
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 can asparagus
- 8 oz package of cream cheese, cut into slices
- 1 lb small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and cut into slices
- 1 sushi grade tuna steak, raw or seared, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 2 cups Cajun Country Medium Grain Rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- package of soy or seaweed paper
- soy sauce
- spicy mayo
- eel sauce
- Panko breadcrumbs
- bamboo roller
- Wash the rice multiple times until the water is clear to remove the starch. Add the 2 cups of water and cook rice.
- Combine the rice wine vinegar, salt and sugar, and heat in microwave for about 30 seconds to dissolve salt and sugar.
- Once rice is cooked, remove from pot and toss in rice wine vinegar solution, and let rice cool to room temperature.
- Place your soy or seaweed paper on the bamboo roller and cover the paper with rice, using a cup of water to dip into to keep the rice from sticking to your fingers. There should be a thin layer of rice on the entire paper.
- Begin stacking your ingredients at about 1-1.5 inches from the edge of the paper closest to you. You can use any or all of the ingredients based off of your likes or dislikes. Cucumber, asparagus, cream cheese, shrimp, tuna and avocado. You can also add additional ingredients and/or try varying combinations.
- Make sure to stack the ingredients and keep them together to be able to roll the sushi.
- Once ingredients are on the rice, roll the paper with the bamboo roller while holding the ingredients together in the first roll. Continue to roll, until you have the entire paper rolled.
- Place the roll on a plate and cut into slices. Add your spicy mayo, eel sauce, panko breadcrumbs and Sriracha to the top.
- Dip in wasabi and soy sauce mixture.