This flavorful, bite-sized appetizer is the perfect dish for holiday parties!
- 24 oz. baby portobello mushrooms (about 20 mushrooms)
- 1 cup cooked Cajun Country rice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, plus more for topping
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus 1/4 cup, for topping
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs, for topping
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wipe mushrooms clean with a damp paper towel. Remove stems and finely chop to add to filling.
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in skillet. Add shallots, garlic, and mushroom stems, sautéing for 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to mixing bowl.
- Add tarragon, lemon zest, salt, 1/2 cup parmesan, and rice to bowl, stirring to combine.
- Spoon stuffing mixture into mushroom caps.
- Combine remaining parmesan with breadcrumbs. Completely cover each mushroom with breadcrumb mixture and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tops are golden brown and serve warm.