No proper LSU tailgate would be complete without this Tiger Rice Pilaf! It's purple and gold and definitely a winner!
- 2 cups Cajun Country Long Grain Rice
- 3.5 cups chicken broth
- .5 tsp salt
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- .25 tsp turmeric
- .5 cup chopped purple onion
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- Place rice, chicken broth, salt, garlic and turmeric in pot.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a separate pan, saute purple onion in butter for 5 minutes or until soft.
- When the rice is cooked, place it in a serving dish and mix in the purple onion.
- Geaux Tigers!!