Who doesn't love rice and gravy? Just because you're eating vegan, shouldn't mean you can't enjoy delicious Cajun Country Rice! This vegan twist on a Cajun classic will impress even the pickiest palate.
- .5 medium red onion, chopped
- olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 cup Cajun Country Long Grain Rice uncooked
- 1.5 tbsp Vegetable Better than Bouillon
- 1.5 tbsp Earth Balance vegan butter
- Saute red onion in olive oil in a medium/large pot until translucent.
- Add garlic and saute for an additional minute or so.
- Add 3.5 cups of water and 1 cup of lentils to onions. Bring to a boil.
- Cover with lid and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add rice, bouillon and butter to mixture, stir and let simmer until rice softens (10-15 minutes).
- Add salt, pepper, and Cajun seasoning to taste.
- Add water and stir to the consistency that you'd like. Let simmer for as long as needed!