Our lettuce wraps, filled with hearty Cajun Country Brown Rice and chicken, are delicious and refreshing. They’re the perfect dish for your next dinner!
Lettuce Wrap Ingredients
- 4 cups Cajun Country Long Grain Brown Rice, cooked
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 lb chicken breasts
- 2 cups water chestnuts, diced
- 1.5 cups mushrooms, diced
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 12 butter lettuce leaves
Stir Fry Sauce Ingredients
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1.5 tsp rice vinegar
Special Sauce Ingredients
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp hot Asian mustard
- 2 tsp red chile paste
- Mix the sugar in the water until it dissolves.
- Add the other ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Stir Fry Sauce
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Bring the oil to high heat in a large sauté pan.
- Add chicken breasts and sauté 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken from pan to cool.
- Keep the oil hot and add water chestnuts, mushrooms, garlic and onions to the pan.
- Dice the chicken and add back to the pan.
- Add cooked Cajun Country Brown Rice and stir to mix.
- Add “Stir Fry Sauce” to the pan and sauté for a few minutes.
- Serve in the lettuce leaf cups.
- Top with the “Special Sauce”.