- 2 cups Cajun Country Brown Rice or Cajun Country Long Grain
- 6 Catfish filets
- 3 tbsp brown mustard
- 3 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup chopped onions
- .5 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- .5 tsp red pepper
- .5 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can cream of mushroom
- 1 lb Louisiana crawfish tails with fat
- .25 cup chopped green onions
- Prepare Cajun Country Rice according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rub catfish filets with brown mustard and Cajun seasoning.
- Place them on baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on size, or until thickest part of filet pierces easily with a knife.
- Melt butter in skillet and sauté onions, bell pepper and garlic until tender.
- Add salt and next 4 ingredients and mix well, until soup is well creamed.
- Add crawfish and cook for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Add green onions before serving.
- Place catfish filet on top of hot, delicious rice and top with etouffee.
- Bon appétit!
- NOTE: crawfish may be substituted with shrimp.