Cajun Country Rice Bowl
This is a wonderful meal for the summer because it tastes light yet it is full of wonderful flavors to satisfy any palate. The raspberry syrup adds a surprising taste and is a great compliment to the other flavors.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- .5 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 lb chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 cups cooked Cajun Country Rice
- 2 tbsp raspberry syrup or Teriyaki sauce
- Brown chicken in olive oil until cooked throughout, remove from pan and dice.
- Add onion, carrots and broccoli to pan drippings and sauté until onions are clear and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add diced chicken and blend.
- Add our surprise ingredient — Raspberry syrup, or Teriyaki sauce — if you prefer, and blend.