Loaded with hearty Creole flavors, this Cajun classic is a great side dish to any dinner. Try it with your favorite meal or use it as stuffing for chicken or turkey.
Servings 8 people
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 5 cups Cajun Country Rice, cooked
- 2 heaping tbsp prepared dark roux
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 can beef consume
- 2 tbsp beef base
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp Kitchen Bouquet browning sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup bell peppers, chopped
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning to taste
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Tabasco, optional
- Prepare Cajun Country Rice per directions and put aside
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions, bell peppers, garlic, pork and beef and saute until meat is browned and vegetables are clear.
- Add in seasoning while the meat is browning.
- Add dark roux and can of beef consume and cook for additional 5-10 minutes.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, beef stock, water and beef base (hot sauce if desired).
- Bring mixture to a boil, and add in Kitchen Bouquet and continue to boil for 10-15 minutes.
- Lower heat and simmer for another 15 minutes. Stir in green onions and parsley or add it on top once completed.
- Stir in cooked rice until completely incorporated. Less rice can be used if you like it with more moisture.